Saturday 27 April 2013

Ameachi: I Have No Rift With Jonathan


Governor Rotimi Amaechi


The Rivers State Governor and Chairman of the Nigerian Governors’ Forum (NGF), Mr. Rotimi Amaechi, has disclosed that there is no rift between him and President Goodluck Jonathan.
“I am not aware that Mr. President and I are quarrelling. At all, I am not aware, as far as am concerned,” he said.
Amaechi, who was in Kano yesterday held about 30 minutes closed door meeting with Governor Rabiu Kwankwaso, at his office in the Government House before inaugurating the road construction at Air Force Road, Kano.

Commenting on the forthcoming election into the executive of the NGF, Amaechi said it was not a do-or-die thing as he would willingly bow out if not given the chance to continue in that capacity.
“If I am not re-elected as the Chairman of the Governors’ Forum, there is nothing to lose, I will still remain a member of the Forum, and also work towards its success,” he added.
Fielding questions from journalists, after he laid the foundation for road construction that his posters as vice-presidential candidate to either Kwankwaso or Governor Sule Lamido of Jigawa State have flooded some northern states, Amaechi humorously responded thus: “My picture with that of Kano State governor as well as Jigawa State governor that I will be vice to both, interesting.”
But when asked about his mission to Kano, Ameachi said he was in the city to inspect some of the projects being executed by Kwankwaso.

According to him, “Kwankwaso invited me to Kano to inspect some of the projects on ground and that is why I am here.”
Amaechi also promised to start by next session an educational exchange programme between Kano State and Rivers State, pointing out that at the moment the scheme would commence with six students from each state by September this year.
According to him, the two collaborating state governments will take full responsibility of sponsorship of the students

No comments: